Helminthosporium Leaf Spots Turfgrass Disease
Warm weather diseases (60-75 F)
When will it appear?
- Caused by many different kind of fungi
- Leaf spot may appear during most of the growing
season depending on the type of fungus causing it.
- Warm and hot conditions, wet/dry cycles.
- Most turfgrass species
- Turf develops general decline becoming thin and ragged looking
- Irregular patches of off-colored (red, brown, yellow) thinned grass
- 10 inches to several feet
- Leaves: lesions first appear as small water-soaked areas that soon becomes dark.
- A red-yellow zone may surround lesions
Can you see the fungus?